Who we are
Mantra Living Occupational Therapy was founded by Chandra Kipfer and provides services primarily throughout the Sea to Sky Corridor.
Chandra Kipfer has over 20 years of experience working as an occupational therapist specializing in assessment and intervention for babies, preschool and school-aged children. She began her education by receiving a kinesiology degree with honours and a minor in psychology. She then graduated with distinction from Occupational Therapy at McMaster University. Over the years she has worked extensively with a wide variety of populations, settings and approaches across Canada and abroad, primarily as a clinician as well as a clinical researcher and team lead. Recently the focus of her practice has shifted to include more work with adults as well as home modification assessments and she has been invited to provide support to children and families in First Nations communities.
Chandra is committed to ongoing education and lifelong learning:
Chandra is committed to ongoing education and lifelong learning in order to provide effective service based on evidence when working with clients:
- Registered OT with the BC College of Occupational Therapy
- Member of Canadian Association of Occupational Therapy
- Registered Autism Service Provider for BC
- ADOS & ADIR (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule and Interview)
- The Interoception Curriculum
- The Zones Of Regulation
- Ants in Your Pants- A trauma informed framework to identify what behaviours are communicating and strategies
- McCloskey Executive Functions
- Astronaut Training a sound activated vestibular visual protocol
- Building Blocks- Sensory Integration and the primary movement patterns (primitive and postural reflexes)
- Indigenous Canada
- The COOP approach for Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Positive Behavioural Support
- Cutting Edge strategies to improve Executive Functions
- Motivational Interviewing
- Feeding and Swallowing Courses
- Visual Perception Courses
- Circle of Security
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Approaches
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Home Modification
Awards and Research
Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists- Poster Presentation at the national conference 2010 & 2013
- Putting The Pieces Together: Building Parent Capacity to Provide Effective Intervention focused on modified constraint induced movement therapy.
- Developing Hygiene Practices for Adolescents with Developmental Delays- Exploring the evidence and clinical application.