Mantra Living Pediatric Occupational Therapy was founded by Chandra Kipfer and provides services primarily throughout the Sea to Sky corridor, as well as North Vancouver and parts of Vancouver.
Chandra Kipfer has over 12 years of pediatric experience working as an occupational therapist specializing in assessment and intervention for babies, preschool and school aged children. She began her education receiving a Kinesiology degree with Honours and a minor in Psychology, followed by Occupational Therapy, graduating with Distinction both from McMaster University. Over the years she has worked extensively with a wide variety of populations, settings and approaches across Canada and abroad primarily as a clinician as well as a clinical researcher.Chandra currently works part time for the BC Centre for Ability in the Early Intervention Program with children 0-5 yrs. Providing consultation and intervention for self care skills such as feeding, toileting, dressing, as well as play skills, autism and sensory regulation, fine and gross motor skill development. A collaborative approach centred around family identified goals provides optimal intervention in partnership with families, preschool staff as well as behavioural teams and other health care professionals.
Chandra is committed to ongoing education and lifelong learning in order to provide effective service based on evidence when working with clients:
- Registered OT with the BC College of Occupational Therapy
- Member of Canadian Association of Occupational Therapy
- Registered Autism Service Provider for BC
- The Alert Program ®
- Handwriting Without Tears ©
- The COOP approach for DCD
- Pediatric feeding and swallowing
- S.O.S.- The sensory feeding approach for children with sensory differences
- Training in the Sensory Integration Praxis Test S.I.P.T. (Western Psychological Services)
- Visual Perception
- Hand skills
Additional learning completed in sensory regulation and integration, autism, modified Constraint Induced Movement Therapy, splinting, standardized assessment tools, feeding and swallowing, client centred and family centred care.
Awards and Research:
- Presenter at the Canadian National Occupational Therapy Conference May 2010 & 2013
- Presenter at British Columbia Pediatric Update Symposium 2011 & 2013
- 4 X CAHRD research grant recipient
- Clinical researcher -Bloorview Macmillan Children’s Centre, Toronto – 1 yr.
- Creator and developer of the Hygiene Heroes © program